Re: Desktop as Nautilus

On 3/15/06, Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:52, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
> > If it's in the bottom right corner of the screen (as it is in Ubuntu's
> > default setup, for example), it's several thousand pixels wide and
> > several thousand pixels high, making it the easiest thing to drag to in
> > the whole of Gnome.
> >
> > If you can't easily drag from one side of the screen to the other,
> > there's something wrong with your mouse acceleration settings.
>
> I have recently acquired a 24" screen and I must say things are not so
> simple. Fitt's law works for "small" screens, but not for big ones.

<nitpick>
You probably mean "this application of Fitt's law" here. Fitt's law is
not about corners, it's about distance and size of target. In this
case the distance becomes too large to be practically obtainable but
that's more a flaw in your pointing device than in the actual law...
</nitpick>

But of course it's not as beneficial on huge screens due to the
restrictions of the pointing device.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi