Re: gnome-power-manager and battstat-applet

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 18:13 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 10:35 +0100, Diego Escalante wrote:
>
> > I would like to see either the battery applet and g-p-m coexisting or
> > g-p-m providing an applet equally informative as the battery applet,
> > but of course with all the g-p-m magic.
>
> What magic are you missing? The graphs?

* Processor frequency scaling?
* Laptop panel auto-dimming?
* Setting low power mode (laptopmode) using HAL?
* Auto-suspend when idle?
* DPMS control?
* Configurable buttons?
* DBUS interface for other applications to use
* Inhibit and UnInhibit methods

g-p-m will not use the existing applet API. The new API by Ryan Lortie
looks really good and when it hits HEAD I'll experiment and see how easy
it would be to make a movable icon with text next to it in the existing
codebase. There's already a bug open.

Richard.