isn't CD creator redundant?

If you insert a blank CD and click on it in the places menu, it takes
you to the CD creator. However, right over it there is another menu
entry (CD creator) which takes you to the same place. So basically we
have two items, right next to each other, doing the same thing.

Isn't this redundant?

I think the CD creator entry should not appear on your places menu if
there's not a blank CD in the unit, since then you can't burn a CD
anyway. But in case there IS a blank CD, only the CD creator entry
should appear, since the only thing you can do is burn data in it.

In short, I think the places menu shouldn't have two different items for
the same place.