Re: isn't CD creator redundant?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 09:26:27AM +0100, David Prieto wrote:
> If you insert a blank CD and click on it in the places menu, it takes
> you to the CD creator. However, right over it there is another menu
> entry (CD creator) which takes you to the same place. So basically we
> have two items, right next to each other, doing the same thing.
>
> Isn't this redundant?
>
> I think the CD creator entry should not appear on your places menu if
> there's not a blank CD in the unit, since then you can't burn a CD
> anyway. But in case there IS a blank CD, only the CD creator entry
> should appear, since the only thing you can do is burn data in it.

  You can create an .iso file without needing blank CD.
Also, if you insert recorded CD-RW it will be mounted. To erase it, you
have to first run CD Creator, click Burn and when CD creator asks for CD
insert to recorded CD-RW. CD Creator then asks if you want do erase RW
disk.

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
zdzichu irc -nie spam- pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev