Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

On Qui, 2006-10-19 at 11:54 +0200, Paolo Maggi wrote:
> Hi Jamie,
>
> > I would like to propose this for inclusion into Gnome 2.18 as its now
> > been well tested and should be stable enough.
> > Tracker is being developed by a growing community of volunteers to
> > create the best and most efficient desktop search,
>
> How is it related to beagle?

  Beagle has had a disclaimer like "yes, we know there are memory
problems, we're working on fixing them" in release announcements since
forever, i.e. over 2 years ago.  If two years is not enough to solve
memory problems, it doesn't bode well for its future.

  To be fair, at least we know about beagle problems since it is well
tested; we might still find similar problems in tracker further down the
road...

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.