Re: [ANNOUNCE] GtkUnique 0.1.0 - Single Instance Application library

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:23 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> Unfortunately, hacking on libguniqueapp required pretty much the
> rewrite of the whole build environment; the current code base needed
> some cleaning up and some new feature I intended to add required a
> revision of the whole IPC protocol.  Thus, I preferred to create a
> whole new library from scratch, called GtkUnique, but keeping the API
> pretty much the same.

It sounds like your the maintainer for the new module - which is
fantastic - we've been needing something actively developed like
guniqueapp for a while now.

Is this being proposed for gnome 2-17? I can see lots of apps
(gnome-power-manager, evolution, epiphany etc.) optionally depending on
this, and it would be shame to #ifdef the whole thing. Or do we just
roll this into GTK+ proper for the next release?

The library looks well put together, and very complete - nice one!

Richard.