Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 21:09 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> I have a few questions:
> How do you see this menu structure interacting with the existing two
> menu options?
> Are you proposing that we replace our currently three menu structure
> with the single one of the gnome-main-menu?

No, that's not my proposal.  A hierarchal, static menu, such as the
traditional main-menu is suited to those who are more organized than
others.  Whereas a flat, responsive menu, such as is proposed, is more
suited to people new to the GNOME desktop or people whose idea of
application organization differs from those who designed the traditional
main-menu's menus.  I see room for both approaches in GNOME and distros
can make their own decision about which menu to use by default.

> For the non-hackers in the crowd, what langague is it written in?

C.

Thanks!
jimmyk