Re: User Documentation Requirements

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 18:45 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> I would like to propose requirements on maintainers of
> user-oriented modules (that is, those modules that need
> user documentation).  As a programmer and maintainer,
> I don't think these introduce an undue burden.  And as
> a documentation team member, I think they can help our
> writers significantly.

For those who don't keep archives or have broken threading:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-October/msg00232.html

Are there any further thoughts about this?  Since I think
there is constant confusion about requirements, I'd like
to work on the pages here:

http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleRequirements

What I would like to do is put the requirements into five
pages: common, new modules, applications, platform, and
bindings.  I'd like these pages to reflect everything we
expect of maintainers.  And then we should link to this
page from, well, just about all the maintainer-oriented
pages.

Objections?

--
Shaun