Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> > [ cross-post reduced d-d-l ]
> >
> > Jamie McCracken wrote:

> >> Some people might not like that but I think its a practical compromise.
> >> With tracker being the only one written in pure C it is therefore the
> >> only one that can *ultimately* get into the Gnome platform and be fully
> >> integrated (at the moment I am just proposing it for desktop which is
> >> just a simple blessing nothing more).

What are the chances of a version of Beagle ever using the C Lucene
backend, which as Jos has mentioned is currently faster?

Has the C# Lucene diverged too far away from C Lucene?  I have long
wondered why C# Lucene was developed in the full knowledge that C Lucene
would be preferable to Gnome and now finally seems like an appropriate
time to ask.

--
Alan