Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

> Jamie, can you please explain what exactly Tracker is and does?
> I have no idea what 'first class object database' means, so please
> explain what you mean by that if you need to.

http://live.gnome.org/ResearchAndDevelopment/Tracker

"Tracker is a system for providing feature rich first class object."

In primary school, when we had to define something we weren't allowed
to use the same word to describe itself. Explaining what a "first
class object database" is by saying "Its a database for first class
objects" is kinda redundant.

I, too, would like to know what a first class object database is, and
why I need one.

I know what Beagle is, it lets me search my data, and I know why I
need to do that...
iain