Re: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16

<quote who="Emmanuele Bassi">

>   * Switch Screenshot to a full GtkFileChooser dialog and provide
>     the UI it as a shared library for other applications to use;

Have you seen the Windows Vista screenshot tool? The basic UI is pants, but
it offers some cool features that we could swipe:

 * Full screen
 * Window selection (click to choose)
 * Rectangular selection
 * Lassoo selection (relatively crackful)

At the moment, it is fairly difficult to do a window selection unless you
know the secret password (key combo or CLI parameters). An optional two step
process (made optional by defaulting to full screen as it works now) would
help with that.

We could even integrate video screencast creating tools into the default
screenshot tool (such as Byzanz, Istanbul, or a combination of the two so we
can do GIF and GStreamer video codecs).

(I mention it because it sounds like going to a "full GtkFileChooser dialog"
means strengthening the one step process workflow.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.