Re: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 21:01 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

>  * Full screen
>  * Window selection (click to choose)
>  * Rectangular selection

We had these in GNOME 1 didn't we? Along with the ability to set a
timer. I think that bringing up a dialog to offer the user the choice is
fairly acceptable. We had that on RISC OS 3.

I was really surprised when the "Take screenshot" option in the
Applications->Accessories menu just went ahead and did it.

Can't we just have a UI like the GIMP acquire dialog? How about this for
a suggestions:

* Print Screen key just acts as before
* Same re Alt-PrntScr (wow I didn't know that existed...)
* Shift-PrntScr brings up dialog
* From menu we get dialog

For most people hitting the expected key will do the right thing in the
spur of the moment. Choosing something from a menu and getting a dialog
is not odd at all.

Cheers,

Rob
--