Re: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 13:17 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:

> |                                                |
> | ( ) Take screenshot of entire screen.          |
> |     * Use PrntScrn to do this at any time.     |
> |                                                |
> | ( ) Take screenshot of a single window.        |
> |     * Use Alt+PrntScrn to do this at any time. |
> |                                                |
> |                           [Cancel]   [Shoot]   |
> |________________________________________________|
>

> When you call the screenshot utility with PrntScrn
> or Alt+PrntScrn, it does exactly what it does now,
> because that's exactly what it should do, because
> it's really useful.

This is a really good idea. I think we should go for something pretty
close to the gimp screenshot dialog (as i've said before) but tweaked
slightly to allow us to enclose the text explaining the keyboard
shortcuts.

This will resolve the problem that people might not know about the
shortcuts.

I also think including support for allowing timing is also pretty
useful.

Rob
--
Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk>