Re: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16

På Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:41:03AM -0400, JP Rosevear skrev:
> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 13:17 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 12:22 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > > Hi Jeff;

> > > The problem is that I really don't know how to make the Screenshot
> > > utility work with a two-step flow without having people screaming at my
> > > doorstep because I disrupted their one-step flow. :-)  And I quite agree
> > > with them: taking a shot of the screen should require the least possible
> > > iterations, especially if you want to take loads of shots.
> >
> > I've outlined a proposal for this at least twice,
> > but I can't find the original emails, so I'll do
> > it again.
> >
> > When you call up the screenshot utility from the
> > Applications menu, it should bring up a dialog
> > asking you what you want to do.  The dialog would
> > look something like this:
> >
> >  ________________________________________________
> > |                                                |
> > | ( ) Take screenshot of entire screen.          |
> > |     * Use PrntScrn to do this at any time.     |
> > |                                                |
> > | ( ) Take screenshot of a single window.        |
> > |     * Use Alt+PrntScrn to do this at any time. |
> > |                                                |
> > |                           [Cancel]   [Shoot]   |
> > |________________________________________________|
> >

> Needs a delay option as well probably.  ie "wait 3 seconds" and then
> take the shot.

That would be a welcome addition, yes. However, please make it a global
option in the dialog instead of the double timeout widgets in Gimp's 2.2
series...

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

you're a carbon kid with a sinister diagram       -- alpinestars/brian molko