Re: The future of session management in GNOME

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 11:35 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 00:25 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > I do think the XSMP state-saving model is absurd and should be ignored,
> > however, even if XSMP is used for logout notification.
> >
> yeah, I would even completely remove the state saving thing :-)
>
> In fact, how many GNOME apps do the state-saving correctly (whatever
> that means)?

I know quite a few that do, and I spent a lot of time adding the
feature, and fixing it in Totem. I don't think that removing it would be
a good idea, unless there is a way to recycle that feature into an
application-specific state saving.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Here I am, first day at work, and it's like 'Yeah! Wanking in a cup and