Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

I don't believe GQ has been maintained in a few years. Last time I used
GQ it was a Gtk+ 1.0 application. That's two big advantages right there.

Anyway, mostly GQ was a just browser. LAT has that too but it also has
different views which are designed to make things easier. You can add
users, groups, and contacts without having to worry about objectClasses
and what not.

It also supports Samba. It can populate your directory for the initial
setup. For existing users, you can make them samba users with by
clicking on a check box. I don't think GQ does that.

There is support for doing mass edits. GQ doesn't support avahi or
NetworkManager.

--
Loren Bandiera <lorenb mmgsecurity com>
MMG Security, Inc.