Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

On Qui, 2006-09-14 at 04:11 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> --- "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:

> > > What was meant to happen is now happening. Now that Mono has been "blessed"
> > > for note taking application, people try to push their own tools written for
> > > Mono.... into Gnome.
> > >
> > > My vote is NO.
> >
> >   You are voting no because it's written in Mono, with no further
> > explanation; sorry, you are not allowed to do that.
> >

> Why not? The language and needed dependencies, including runtime, is just an other
> parameter of teh software.

>  What'sw wrong with disliking Mono or Python or C++?

  "Disliking Mono or Python or C++" is too subjective.

  You have to characterize the program as a whole, like does it takes
too much memory, is it slow, is the code is hard to maintain by 3rd
parties because it uses an esoteric language, etc. etc.  Programming
language can have an effect on these characteristics, sure, but
ultimately it is not the programming language that matters per se.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.