Re: menu editing griefs: How collaboration did not work. But it should work!

Am Montag, den 25.09.2006, 09:06 +0100 schrieb Mark McLoughlin:
> 	My take on what happened is that we had 3 different implementations of
> a simple tool, each taking a different approach. Hopefully lessons were
> learnt from each, and the end result is better for that.
>
> 	Your code (and my code) isn't being used now, but it was still useful
> for us to write that code, IMHO.

I agree that playing around with different ideas isn't useless. However,
the main conclusion should be that before starting from the ground up
with new projects that have very similar objectives - because of some
slightly different emphasis - one should clearly specify the plans and
discuss them with the involved parties. Often, deficiencies are
well-known, and at that early stage of projects a coordinated resolution
involving all parties is not only less confusing for the users (++) but
also more social (+++).

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>