Re: Button highlighting, middle and right buttons don't work in Xaw application on GNOME desktop

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:43 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> Heya,
>
> On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 17:16 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> <snip/>
> > I'm enjoying all of the benefits of GNOME, but one thing I'm not
> > enjoying is that XRN doesn't work properly on the GNOME desktop.  In
> > particular, Xaw button widgets don't seem to function properly in at
> > least two ways, one aesthetic and one functional:
> >
> >      1. When I move my mouse over a button, the button is supposed to
> >         highlight by reversing the color of a few rows of pixels inside
> >         the button border.  This doesn't happen.
> >      2. Several of my buttons have button bindings for the middle and
> >         right mouse button that are different from the left button
> >         binding.  These middle and right button bindings don't work.
>
> Just curious,  is metacity in conjunction with "focus follows mouse"
> being used ?

Yes and yes, but I tried turning off focus follows mouse and that didn't
solve either problem.

I had assumed that the window manager was part and parcel of the GNOME
desktop and there was only one.  Are there in fact other window managers
besides metacity included in the GNOME distribution, and if so, what
distinguishes them from each other (other than, perhaps, that some of
them may not cause the problems I'm experiencing with XRN)?

Thanks,

  jik

P.S. Thank you for your quick response, and I'm sorry mine was delayed.
I was offline for the two days due to the end of Passover.