Re: Documentation for gtk-doc?

On 4/15/07, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 01:37 +0200, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> Thanks! Updating the sections file made gtk-doc find the added
> function. But I still can't get it to find the signal. I'm sure I have
> used the correct syntax to document it. Should it also be added to the
> sections file somehow?

Did you add the type to the types file?

Thanks, that was the hint I needed! Seems like adding a types file
makes gtkdoc create a "scanner" program in C. So you need to define
GTKDOC_CFLAGS and GTKDOC_LIBS like in GtkSourceView:

GTKDOC_CFLAGS = -I$(top_srcdir) $(DEP_CFLAGS) $(GNOMEPRINT_CFLAGS)
GTKDOC_LIBS = $(top_builddir)/gtksourceview/libgtksourceview-1.0.la

But for this to work, the file libgtksourceview-1.0.la already needs
to exist, which it of course doesn't unless you have already compiled
the library. Is there a solution to that? Like a way to say that the
documentation can not be built before the library is built?

I also can't get gtk-doc to automatically rebuild the documentation
when I change the types file. I have to type "make clean" and then
"make" again which is very annoying because gtk-doc requires that the
library is already built.

Then I think my last problem is that I want the Signals table to be
outputted in "minimal" format instead of "verbose." For example, take
a look at GtkSourceView's Signals table here:

http://gtksourceview.sourceforge.net/docs/GtkSourceView.html

But I would rather like to have my signals table formatted like
GtkWindow's:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html

--
mvh Björn