Re: Documentation for gtk-doc?

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 18:40 +0200, BJ�Lindqvist wrote:

> But for this to work, the file libgtksourceview-1.0.la already needs
> to exist, which it of course doesn't unless you have already compiled
> the library. Is there a solution to that? Like a way to say that the
> documentation can not be built before the library is built?

In your Makefile.am you usually have the source directories before the
documentation directories.

SUBDIRS = src demo docs po

> I also can't get gtk-doc to automatically rebuild the documentation
> when I change the types file. I have to type "make clean" and then
> "make" again which is very annoying because gtk-doc requires that the
> library is already built.

I think you're right - we don't seem to have a dependency on the .types
file at present. Though it is an optional file so that might be awkward.

Anyway you don't need to rebuild everything - you can just do a 'make
clean' and 'make' in the docs directory to just rebuild the docs.

> Then I think my last problem is that I want the Signals table to be
> outputted in "minimal" format instead of "verbose." For example, take
> a look at GtkSourceView's Signals table here:
>
> http://gtksourceview.sourceforge.net/docs/GtkSourceView.html
>
> But I would rather like to have my signals table formatted like
> GtkWindow's:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html

gtk-doc outputs the "minimal" format at the top of the file and the
"verbose" format later on. The pages you reference have both formats,
don't they?

Damon