Re: Creating SVN repositories

<quote who="Federico Mena Quintero">

> I just got pointed to this:  http://live.gnome.org/NewSVNRepos
>
> ... and it looks rather bureaucratic.
>
> Back in the days of cvs.gnome.org, anyone with an account (already a
> trusted member of the GNOME community) could create a new project on the
> CVS server.  People kept little pet projects there; sometimes they turned
> into real contributions to GNOME, and sometimes they remained as little
> pet projects.

... and subsequently, CVS was full of crap. :-)

> In either case, it was polite of GNOME to let contributors use our
> services freely, since they are already feeding code to the project at
> large.

I agree, and this is one of the things I've been thinking about related to
my 'labs.gnome.org' idea. A place for experimentation and folly, that is
still very much a GNOME sandpit, but without any of the expectations that go
with it.

(However, this is not on-topic for this list -- I suggest you post general
discussion stuff like this to gnome-hackers, or specific suggestions about
our services to gnome-infrastructure.)

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

   "I would hack on the file selector. But I think I would write like, 3
   LOC for every 100 lines of mail I had to read/write." - James Willcox