Re: vinagre (vnc/rdp client)

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:22 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Calum Benson">
>
> > > That was just a Java web applet checked in as a jar file, wasn't it?
> >
> > Yep.  It just means JDS can show an http address in the vino-preferences
> > dialog that's usable by anyone (firewalls permitting), whereas the
> > community version shows a vncviewer command that may or may not actually
> > be directly useful to whoever you're giving the instructions to.

	It was a judgement call that vncviewer would be more likely to be
usable by the people using upstream GNOME that the Java applet. Maybe
that situation has changed, but I'm not so sure - e.g. I don't have a
Java plugin installed here.

	The applet was a little fugly too AFAIR ... but so is vncviewer.

	Anyway, there probably wasn't any call for deleting it from CVS. There
might be some hope of improving it if it was in CVS but not installed by
default.

> Perhaps if the source were checked in (or we could have a clear dependency
> on an Open Source project that provides the jar file), we could rectify this
> problem.

	The code was always in CVS:

  http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/vino/client/java/?hideattic=0

	(How do I get at this history with svn?)

Cheers,
Mark.