Re: MAINTAINERS in svn -- have it or don't get any SVN account approved

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:16:39PM -0400, Thomas Thurman wrote:
> 	Thomas Thurman
> to Bastien
>
> show details
> 	 23:15 (0 minutes ago)
> On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 00:36 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > 2. The content resembles the following:
> >
> > Some Name
> > E-mail: some email-address invalid
> > Userid: svn-account-name
>
> 1. "Some Name" is their legal name, without any leading "Name:" or anything?

We basically don't care what the name is. We are only interested in the
LDAP userid. I don't trust a name to be unique, so that is ignored.

> 2. We have a ton more information than that in our MAINTAINERS,
> including short descriptions of the tasks allocated to each
> maintainer, and subheadings for active/emeritus maintainers. Are there
> comments allowed? Or should I add "Status: Active", "Tasks:
> Maintaining wombats"? Maybe "X-Status: Active"?

We aren't interested in inactive maintainers. So just make sure you
don't list them using E-mail / Userid. This to avoid allowing them to
still approve SVN accounts.

> 3. One of our maintainers prefers not to put his RFC822 address in
> files; he writes his address with a space instead of the atpersat. Is
> this acceptable in the "E-mail" field?

Probably ok if every '@' and '.' in the email address is replaced by a
space. The intention is to find the userid in LDAP. The email address is
already in LDAP (although likely some old unused one as you currently
cannot update that yourself).

Note: Do not protect uid gnome org or uid svn gnome org this way.
Although as soon as you list the Userid, the script shouldn't care
anyway.

--
Regards,
Olav