Re: Multiple sessions for the same user?

Dnia 15-12-2007, So o godzinie 00:53 +0000, Stef Walter pisze:
> This may be a dumb question, but I'm wondering if we support (or it is a
> goal to support) multiple sessions for the same user in GNOME.
>
> As far as I can tell a lot of GNOME software doesn't currently take that
> into account. I'm working on gnome-keyring-daemon, and I'm wondering if
> I need to keep multiple sessions in mind or just take the much simpler
> approach of one session per user.

Why we are at it I would like to ask a related question. Why GNOME (at
least on Ubuntu) doesn't pay attention to who's logged in while doing
reboot/shutdown? I sometimes have a situation when I need to shutdown
and accidentally break somebody else's work, because he was also logged
in.

A simple dialog with: "Another person (name) is logged in. Are you really sure you want to shutdown and cause pain to the person?" would probably suffice.

Cheers,
Piotr Gaczkowski