Replacement for GNet

Hi!

I am interested if somebody is currently working on a GNet-like
library based on GObject? In a recent project I would like to have an
embedded ftp server and since I couldn't find any C libraries of this
kind I thought it would be nice to write one.

The basic problem is I couldn't find any modern networking library
that is GObject-based. On Vala list there were suggestions about
writing one using GIO. The idea seems nice enough, but I have no
experience with writing anythning of that sort and wanted to know if
it wouldn't be reinventing the wheel.

So does anybody know about possible network library for GNOME either
stable or in development?

--
Cheers,
Piotr Gaczkowski