Re: Replacement for GNet

Piotr Gaczkowski wrote:
Hi!

I am interested if somebody is currently working on a GNet-like
library based on GObject?

The gvfs ftp backend is going to need sockets/tcp/dns/etc support, but gio doesn't currently provide anything there and I'm not sure what the plan is for that...

Anyway, there's a comparison of the available glib-based networking libraries at http://live.gnome.org/LibSoup/OtherNetworkLibraries that I did a while ago. I've updated it now to include gio (and to at least mention flow). It's a bit biased towards being "how are these things similar to and different from soup", because that was what I was interested in when I wrote it, but it still works as a general overview. If people want to add info or otherwise improve it, feel free to edit it.

-- Dan