Re: An idea about a webcam....

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 14:11 +0000, Rob Taylor wrote:
> Adam Schreiber wrote:
> I don't know how gaim-vv is getting on, but I hear that there are plans
> for Gossip to support VVOIP with the Telepathy backend. I think that
> currently only Gabble (the Telepathy backend for XMPP/GTalk) supports
> video calls. I've cc'd in Rob McQueen, the main Telepathy developer, for
> his input.

I developped and maintain a branch of gossip (with telepathy backend)
fully supports telepathy Voip/Video calls. You can get it:

darcs get http://www.gnome.org/~rslinckx/darcs/gossip-telepathy-voip

Of course you need to get the telepathy stack.

It supports jingle calls, and interaction with google-talk clients
(voice only). Of course as more telepathy backend acquire voip/video
capabilities, gossip will support them as well without modification (for
example the SIP connection manager (maybe one day when it's released by
nokia) would make gossip a full SIP client).

There is only one missing thing beside bugfixes and UI polish, it's the
ability to call someone not on your contact list (think dialpad).

Raf