Re: slab menu

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:47 -0500, coz DelSignore wrote:
> Hello,
>  i will make this as short as can be.
>  I am part owner of a small systems company. We do both residential
> and corporate systems, systems integrations, repairs etc.
>  We tested Slab menu with nearly 100 people both residential and
> corporate.
>  The corporate individuals had permissions from their employers for
> the test.
> We gave them a system with suse slab on it for one week.
>  After three days the majority of the residential users gave their
> slab systems back.
> They all said about the same thing... " it is unusable, and slow to
> get to things"

How is it slow to get to things vs a traditional hierarchal menu? My
important apps are two clicks away -> open menu -> click.  Hierarachal
menus more clicks than that.  Don't like the default list?  Drag from
the app browser and drop them on the menu.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.