Re: Call for a Gnome Media Center

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 10:56 +0100, Christian F.K. Schaller wrote:
> As for a shared database this might be a good idea, but I will leave
> that up to application writers to decide, for me a good start would be
> that all Music applications for instance tried hard to get people to
> save their Music under $HOME/Music for instance. That way when you
> start
> another Music application or Elisa you don't need to specify which
> directory to look for Music inn. Similar conventions would be good for
> pictures and movies and album/dvd cover art.

Just last week I got a bug report and a patch for this in Sound Juicer.
It hard-codes the default location to save files as ~/Music/.  Now, my
question is this: do I commit this, or do we need a more powerful system
that handles i18n?  I'm sure a Persian GNOME user would not like their
music in ~/Music/.  One quick solution is to translate the string
"Music"... is that enough?

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./