Re: Software installation using gnome

This is primarily why it's difficult to get commercial applications on
GNOME.  They have to make packages for every flavor of distributions out
there.  We have yet to get a standard in package management.

In any case, what's wrong with a installer mentality?  It's what is used
in both Apple and Windows architecture.  Heck it used to be like that on
Unix as well.  I know this is an old argument, but every once in awhile
we should bring this up and have someone at least work the political
wheels to try to achieve this barrier of getting commercial applications
into GNOME (or the linux desktop).

Sorry for the off-topic.  It's one of those frustrating hot buttons for
me.

sri

--
Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>