Re: Standard Way To Implement Plug-Ins

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 12:15 -0800, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> Does GNOME have a standard way to implement plug-ins in a GNOME application?
>
> In other words, is there a standard way to add functionality to a
> GNOME application without recompilation?
>
> If so, where can I learn more about this system?

I think that plugins are always very context specific (i.e. the way
that an application choses to interface with the plugin) - you might
want to look at gedit for examples of python plugins to a C application
(pretty nifty).

ultimately though, you'll probably be working with the GModule api
and inventing something that suits your app's needs.

Cheers,
                 -Tristan

Note that technical questions about writing gtk+ based apps are
probably better suited for gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, whether
this mail should have been sent there is irrelevent, just pointing
it out for you.