Re: Proposed module: seahorse

On 1/8/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
You can learn about seahorse here:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/seahorse/

+1 from me, but I'm biased as I'm a developer.  However, I would like
to note that several of the concerns posted when Seahorse was first
proposed have been addressed.

Bastien Nocera and Ross Burton wanted to see a web browser plugin for
text fields
<quote>
Wouldn't a better integration be a web browser plugin, that allows
people to encrypt what's in a text field?

Agreed.  That would be a great Epiphany extension in the context menu of
a text entry.
</quote>

Such a plugin now exists in plugins/epiphany.  It provides context
menu support for encryption operations in text fields and on general
pages.

Wouter Bolsterlee suggested integration with gnome-keyring.
gnome-keyring items are now loaded on the passwords tab of the
seahorse application.

There are a few outstanding requests for things by d-d-l members for
things like evolution integration and x.509 certs that we weren't able
to get to in this cycle.  However, the architecture is in place to
easily add these extensions at a future date.

Cheers,

Adam