Re: Proposed module: tracker

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 20:47 +0100, Steve Fr�naux wrote:
> Jamie McCracken wrote:
>
> > in any event tracker can be configured to not index at all or only index
> > metadata and/or contents. It can also be used a stand alone metadata DB
> > so I think tracker should be flexible enough for most cases where you
> > only want a subset of its features.
>
> In that case, could it be used as a metadata storage for application
> data concerning files ? Such applications are nautilus or gedit or evince...
>
> Also, didn't rhythmbox have a project to use tracker as its music
> database ? What's the status of it ?

Yeah it was a toss up, either me or Jamie was going to work on it.  I
haven't had time due to work pressures.  I'm also waiting on a
particular API from Jamie to make it easier to know when songs have been
added or removed.  I haven't pinged Jamie lately on the status.

sri

--
Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>