Re: Proposed module: anjuta

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 13:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> Probably because the even number (2.0) suggests (by convention) that
> it's a stable release. I think it would be best if Anjuta followed
> GNOME's version number conventions.

No confusion should arise since release notes clearly says its alpha and
I am sure the package maintainers are aware of that fact.

The development line for Anjuta 2.x starts, naturally, from 2.0.0,
leaving 1.x for the stable. If we wanted the '0' release to be stable,
we would have to go with 1.99.x or something, creating a far more
confusion with 1.x line.

I don't know what's the best way to switch major version, but that was
something we found reasonable since people don't generally expect
stability in '0' releases.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba