Re: libgnome deps

On 7/4/07, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> > Couldn't bug-buddy be done as a GTK_MODULES module? (Or just add to gtk
> > a way to set a program to run on segv and some systemwide way to set the
> > default such program)
> >

> At some point Fer had plans to do just that. I don't know the status of it.

Fer wrote a module and submitted it to bugzilla.  A month ago I didn't
find his port, so did it again myself.

The mechanics of porting bug-buddy to a module is trivial (including
dlopening libgnome to get the application name and version), but I
believe the only blocker was that there is no way to get
GTK_MODULES=bugbuddy into the environment.

Personally, I'd make gnome-session do that for now, get this into G2.20,
and then think about a location for GTK+ modules which are always
loaded.

Whats the problem with using the Gtk/Modules XSetting that was invented
especially for this purpose ?