A Different Approach Than GNOME Online Desktop

I've been thinking about similar ideas to GOD for a while, but I don't
think that GOD takes things far enough. GOD seems to add bits of web
functionality onto desktop apps and bits of desktop functionality onto
web apps. This approach wouldn't realize the full potential of a 'log
in anywhere' desktop, wouldn't make for easy migration for Win/Mac
users, wouldn't eliminate the inconsistent interface between web and
desktop apps, and wouldn't facilitate new, more powerful web apps.
Instead, why not fix the problems that web apps face of lack of an
offline mode, limited access to local resources, and inability to
easily extend the functionality available to them? I've written these
thoughts in much more detail at http://thewebdesktop.blogspot.com/;
I'd be curious what others think. Michael