Re: GNOME online desktop - (some of the possible) next steps

On 7/23/07, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:
  - investigate how HTTP state of browser can be used by any app

I'm working on exposing Firefox's HTTP stack over DBus. Should be handy. With this is should also be possible to expose as much browser state as desktop apps might need - right up to grease-monkey-like interaction with web sites.

I've basically got the beginnings of a DBus->XPCOM bridge. It seems to kind of work a little bit for the tiny subset of types that I've written the marshaling code for. It's implemented as an XPCOM module that could be installed by an extension or installed system-wide in /usr/lib/firefox/components

When it's demoable I'll throw my git tree up and post some binaries.

Ian

--
Ian McKellar <http://ian.mckellar.org/>
+1 415 867 9255