Re: GNOME online desktop - (some of the possible) next steps

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> Right now what we're doing is just adding more jsps to mugshot.org that
> will be served when the server is reached from online.gnome.org. These
> jsps will not have the Stacker, just an "edit my account" page and a
> "login/signup" page. They will have GNOME branding instead of Mugshot.
> Bryan is making mockups.
>
> The backing database is still the same, so an account on online.gnome.org
> is the same as one on mugshot.org and the data is in one big soup.
>
> What this gives us is online.gnome.org by the end of the week or so and
> BigBoard etc. can start to be powered by online.gnome.org.

Right, that's a good short term solution.

> The long-term location of the servers isn't clear yet, and we'll
> probably also want to make the servers a test case for a shiny new Free
> Terms of Service / Open Service Definition that isn't defined yet.

... and I think a lot of this will depend on GNOME Foundation + Advisory
Board discussions about how we'll work with AB partners, branding, etc.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu Live 2007: Portland, OR, USA               http://www.ubuntulive.com/

        Web development with PHP is like injecting pure rust with a
                    high-pressure hose. For pain relief.