Re: build systems

Alp,

I agree that you can learn by tutorials and documentation.  I certainly
have and it didn't seem that hard to me.  In fact, I picked up auto*
faster than I did SCons and whatever that new one was that KDE folks
were using.  That said, Richard isn't the only one that is cutting
pieces from other projects and trying to get it all working.  I would
guess that very few GNOME developers actually know how the auto* build
tools work and that most of them are doing the same thing as Richard.
Nobody has the patience to deal with autotools.

I think later in this thread it was suggested that we convert a couple
of modules and see how it goes.  Those who have a passion to change it
should do it and help create the infrastructure and migration path to
use the new build system and for godsakes document it.

sri