Re: Lowering the barrier (was: Re: build systems)

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 00:43 +0100, Matteo Settenvini wrote:
[snip]
> we need some proper documentation
> explaining how the GNOME stack is built,

jhbuild should take care of building. There is a lot of information
about how to use jhbuild, including solving specific problems on
specific distros.

>  and what components fulfill what need

I think this is done:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/platform-overview/stable/
And if something is missing then we now have the document where it
should be added, via simple patches to gnome-devel-docs in svn.

>  bringing in concrete examples in the discussion.
[snip]

Maybe this is something that can be improved.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com