Re: Lowering the barrier

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 08:51:31AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak">
>
> > I think some "proven" jhbuild recipes for current Ubuntu and Fedora
> > distros would be very helpful, somewhere on the gnome web site.
>
> There are some useful resources linked from the jhbuild wiki page:
>
>   http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild

At one point some of the info there can go away. It has e.g. lists of
packages to install. When packagekit is on enough distros, we can change
jhbuild to require packagekit (this is best IMO) and put per distro the
required packages in the XML file. Let bootstrap automatically check and
ask/install all missing stuff.
Above idea is not new btw.
--
Regards, Olav