Re: Pulseaudio

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:52:14 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> I don't care only about proprietary applications.  You think for example
> that Second Life Linux client (which is open source) will use Pulse
> Audio API directly?  It will take years before that happens.  I remember
> perfectly well how much time it took for applications to switch from OSS
> to ALSA, after Linux declared ALSA the official "blessed" Linux sound
> API.

It still hasn't happened. Proprietary games all still use OSS... even
Teamspeak, which you would think would be designed to function at the
same time as other sound-using programs, uses OSS... meaning that it's
impossible to actually use it while playing a game.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078