Re: GNOME Panel++

Le lundi 24 septembre 2007, à 17:14 +0100, Calum Benson a écrit :
> On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 20:48 +1200, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>
> > Besides the lack of a global menu bar, which John Stowers mentioned,
> > another irritant interaction-wise is inconsistency in behavior between
> > panel applets. Some applets do something on a single click, others
> > don't, and there's no way to tell which just by looking. Some applets
> > do something on a double click, others don't, and there's no way to
> > tell which just by looking. Some applets open a menu or menu-like
> > control, but they differ in whether they make it look like a menu, and
> > if you mouse down on the wrong one you can't slide over to the correct
> > one like you can with a normal menu bar.

Fixing this lack of menu behavior is something that is being considered
for new applets. However, I don't think we'll end up with a menu
behavior for launchers; any idea on how to fix this inconsistency?

> > It would be really neat if the panel could make these behaviors
> > consistent.
>
> To be fair to applet developers, this is partly a HIG issue too-- we
> have very little there about applet interaction at the moment.  This is
> about the sum total, in fact:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/2.20/input-mouse.html.en#mouse-interaction-applets

Heh. I'd love to see some work from the usability team there :-) Maybe I
can bribe some people with ice cream to help?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.