Re: Module proposal: gio and gvfs for gnome 2.22?

Seems like it might be less risky to start in 2.22 by porting all the
simpler load/save gnome-vfs users to gio first, to flesh out the API.

Replacing an API which has been stable for a few years with an API
that hasn't seen much review, has had no releases, and has had no
applications ported to use it scares me.

If load/save is what most people use gnome-vfs for, why not write a
tiny library with a tiny API that does this well, instead of
introducing an entire IO framework?  Then this library could be
implemented using gnome-vfs, or gio, or kio, or fuse, or posix, or
win32 on the backend.   (Maybe even made part of fdo.)  Keeping the
API tiny would avoid conflicting with the myriad IO frameworks that
exist in the high level language platforms.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and that's the intent of libgio?

-Alex