Re: New clock applet for 2.22

tir, 25.09.2007 kl. 09.41 -0400, skrev Luis Villa:

> > > Those can (and should be) be turned off. The calendar should maybe be
> > > made a bit more useful in general, maybe adding some decorations to
> > > show which days
> > > have appointments, deadlines or birthdays, Currently, it is just a
> > > field of numbers that takes up quite a bit of room.
> >
> > Nooo, please keep week number.  For some people it's actually really
> > useful!
>
> New d-d-l rule: no one gets to say 'it is useful' without explaining
> their use case :)
>
> Luis (I believe you that you use it, but I can't for the life of me
> figure out why)

That's just because you americans don't use week numbers for
anything :-)

Seriously though, this comes up every so often in a lot of different
situations. Europe and probably many other parts of the world actually
depend on week numbers to plan their day to day activities.

You might want to try it some time :-)

Cheers
Kjartan