Re: Module proposal: gio and gvfs for gnome 2.22?

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 10:46 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> So, does it make sense to add gio (standalone or in an earlier glib
> release) and gvfs to the Gnome 2.22 desktop module set?

On one hand I like to say it should be released under another name such
that it doesn't conflict with glib when integrated, on the other hand it
would be nice to release them with the same library and pkg-config name
that the eventual glib version would take, so adopting applications
wouldn't need any change when it's finally in glib.  Just use libtool
versioning to change soname any time you break API/ABI, so mystery
doesn't happen.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/