Re: Please include into 2.22: libnotify, notification daemon

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 02:07 -0700, Christian Hammond wrote:
[snip]
> notification-daemon and libnotify are on every distro shipping GNOME,
> to my knowledge. Isn't it time to finally mark this as a blessed
> dependency? More and more apps are using this and it's become a de
> facto standard not only in GNOME but in practically anything not
> KDE-based, GTK+ or otherwise. It's only doing harm by preventing it
> from becoming a dependency, as it requires more work on the part of
> the developers to develop, test and support conditional code.

This seems sensible. Are there really no other open issues about
libnotify? I guess that you should address the issues mentioned when
this was rejected for 2.20, though they seem rather vague to me:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/devel-announce-list/2007-August/msg00004.html

By the way, I am disappointed at the lack of API documentation,
describing the "classes" and functions: I'm looking at this, for
instance:
http://www.galago-project.org/docs/api/libnotify/struct__NotifyNotification.html

--
murrayc murrayc com