Re: 2.26 will use GTK+ 2.16

On 12/23/08, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Diego Escalante Urrelo
>  <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
>  > On 12/22/08, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
>  >> Hello beloved hackers!
>  >>
>  >>  The GTK+ team decided for a short 2.16 cycle, so it can already be
>  >>  used for GNOME 2.26; this is great news and something many developers
>  >>  wanted, as there are already interesting features:
[...]
>  also the ability to parse pango attributes on GtkLabel directly (allowing
>  translatable strings without markup to have fancy pango sugar).

Wohoo! This has been one of the most annoying issues for translators
for many years. And now we have a solution in sight, perhaps even for
GNOME 2.26! No more wasting time and resources on "translating"
markup... I'm starting to feel sentimental, and my eyes are almost
getting wet... A tremendously big thanks to everyone involved!

>  Nice, I'm going to do my best to pump out some nice editing magic
>  for the new GtkEntry features from Glade, and I'll see if I cant squeeze in
>  some pango attribute support on other widgets than just label
>  (I guess we can set attributes on entries too... not sure what else...)

That would be awesome...!

Cheers,
Christian