Re: Tomboy replacement

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Curtis Hovey <sinzui is verizon net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 20:41 -0500, Mark Fink wrote:
> > I've just started a replacement for Tomboy. I think it (or another
> > notes program if there already is one) should replace Tomboy ASAP in
> > the GNOME desktop because Tomboy is poisoning GNOME distributions like
> > Red Hat and Ubuntu with it's Microsoft patented MONO dependency crap
> > as you can read about on
> > http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/
> >
> > I've never written a program before so I also need some help. Also I
> > need a place to put it on the web.
> >
> > I've already gotten it so you can type stuff in a text field, so it
> > already almost has all the functionality you need in a note taking
> > program.
>
> If you don't want to run Tomboy, just add sticky notes to your panel--it
> predates Tomboy. Tomboy is popular because it rocks, not because it is
> Mono-based, or because distro chose to make it the default app over
> sticky notes (I'm not certain it is a default app in Ubuntu or Fedora).
> What you are setting out to do is create an extensible wiki-like gui
> editor. Good luck.

Then sticky notes needs to replace Tomboy as the official GNOME notes
program because it is stupid to allow MONO into GNOME. MONO programs
CANNOT be allowed to be in GNOME! This only helps M$ destroy Linux!
Don't you see!? You are just helping Microvell poison Linux so that
they can control it and/or attack it with patents. Anyone who doesn't
see this is a retard.

Mark Fink